About exam guidelines
Twelfth grade, 12th grade, senior year, or grade 12 is the final year of secondary school in most of North America. In other regions, it may also be referred to as class 12 or Year 13. In most countries, students are usually between the ages of 17 and 18 years old. Wikipedia
The Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) outline the nature and purpose of each subject. They guide the philosophy underlying the teaching and assessment of the subjects in Grade 12. life orientation grade 12 exam guidelines 2023 pdf, grade 12 examination guidelines 2023, grade 12 examination guidelines 2022 pdf, mathematics grade 12 exam guidelines 2023 pdf
Life orientation grade 12 exam guidelines 2023 – life orientation grade 12 exam guidelines 2023 pdf
The purpose of these Examination Guidelines is to:
- Provide clarity on the depth and scope of the content to be assessed in the Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) Examination.
- Assist teachers to adequately prepare learners for the examinations.
These guidelines deal with the final Grade 12 external examinations. They do not deal in any depth with the School-Based Assessment (SBA).
The following should be read in conjunction with these Examination Guidelines:
- Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for the National Curriculum Statement (NCS)
- An addendum to the policy document, the National Senior Certificate: A qualification at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), concerning the National Protocol for Assessment (Grades R-12).
- A national policy pertaining to the National Curriculum Statement, Grades R–12, relating to programme and promotion requirements
These Examination Guidelines are meant to articulate the assessment aspirations espoused in the CAPS documents. They are therefore not a substitute for the CAPS documents which educators should teach to.
Qualitative curriculum coverage as enunciated in the CAPS cannot be over-emphasised.