Management and Development for Health
DURATION: FOUR MONTHS – SPECIFIC TASK CONTRACT
PROJECT: AFYA KWANZA
REPORTS TO: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
A Finance Assistant is a self-motivated individual responsible for administration of day to day tasks in Finance Department. She/he is responsible for administration of financial transactions including recording all financial transaction into the accounting system, updating financial records, processing invoices and assist in preparation of various financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To process duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures.
- To ensure that all payment requisitions are complete with all the necessary support documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment.
- Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID
- To record and post all approved financial transactions into the accounting system
- To make and process advance payments including but not limited to travel advances, sub contractors/ grantee advances,
- To ensure office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs
- To perform day to day banking activities and report and highlight items of attentions to the management.
- To maintain accounting records and filling them in an appropriate
- To assist in budgeting preparation process for the program and assist out in preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure
- To prepare payroll accurately, timely and efficiently as approved ensuring compliance with internal guidance and laid down policies &
- To prepare monthly statutory returns e.g. PAYE and Statutory contributions in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure all filing is appropriately
- To prepare and follow up tax exemption processes for the organization, Management and Development for Health.
- Prepare MDH annual returns for filing with TRA
- To ensure adherence to accounting and financial standards as per IPSAs, IFRS, ISA and Tanzania legislation, with comprehensive internal policies and
- To perform any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Business, Finance, Administration or
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Finance or related function
- Professional qualification will be an added
- Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial and accounting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employees/vendors
- Practical knowledge and skills in Payroll
- Excellent interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills, attention to
- Skills in running accounting software and the general computer
- Ability to manage time and observing
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depicting sound work ethics
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 21st August 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.